Dartmouth Medical Practice

Tel: 01803 832212

Contact us

Coronavirus Alert

Stay at home for 7 days and self-isolate if you feel hot to touch on your chest or back or if you have a new continuous cough (coughing a lot for more than one hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours). Those you live with also need to self-isolate for 14 days. This will help protect others in our community. 

DO NOT ATTEND THE GP SURGERY OR PHARMACY. Click here for NHS 111 advice including tips to avoid catching / spreading the virus. And click here for what "self-isolation" actually means. If you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home, your condition gets worse or your symptoms do not get better after 7 days then click here for the NHS 111 Online Covid-19 Service. Or call 111 if you have no online access. And here is the Isolation Note for your employer. 

Click here to be clear about what "social distancing" is - we all need to be doing this now, especially if you are over 70, have an underlying health condition or are pregnant.

Daily Government Public Health Information here

Register with the surgery image Register with the surgery

  • Registering as a patient

    Registering with the surgery is easy. Simply pop into the surgery and ask one of the receptionists to help you register. All you will need to do is fill in a GMS1 form and Patient Questionnaire, available from reception.

    What you need to bring with you:

    - You will need all your details as well as your previous address. 
    - Please bring a form of photographic ID. This could be a passport, driving licence etc. If you do not have any of these, please bring either an entitlement to treatment NHS card (for immigrants) or 2 utility bills holding your name and address.

    Patients register with the practice, not an individual GP, but still retain the choice where possible to request to see an individual GP.

    Registering as a Temporary Resident

    You will need to register as a temporary resident if you are in the area and need to see a doctor, but don't live in the area, i.e. you are on holiday or visiting family.

    You do not necessarily need to register with us if you are on holiday and have run out of medication. Please ring your own surgery who may be able to send a prescription to your nearest chemist. This chemist could be near to where you are staying. 

    To register as a temporary resident, all you need to do is come into the surgery and explain that you are not a patient, but feel you need to see a clinician. The receptionist dealing with your requirements will then guide you through the form.

    What you need to bring with you:

    - You will need all your address and personal details.
    - You will also need to know the address of where you are staying while in the area.
    - A photographic form of ID for evidence of who you are is also appreciated.
    - The doctor and surgery you are registered with at home.

    Patients from Abroad

    Please note that some patients from abroad will need to pay a fee for NHS services provided. We will inform you of this if you need to pay.